Before I get too wrapped up in all the Christmas styling over the next few weeks, I thought I would share this home interiors post on how to create a minimalist, Scandinavian inspired, guest bedroom.
As you may remember, I also adopted this look for my home office. I just love the clean lines and clutter-free ethos of Scandinavian living which I think works so well for a home office where you want to free your mind to focus. For a guest bedroom, it provides the perfect backdrop for your visitors to feel relaxed and at ease within their surroundings.
The key to achieving a Scandinavian look is to keep things simple. Clean, light walls, uncomplicated design, a focus on form and function, varying textures and muted tones.
My top 10 tips for creating a Scandinavian home;
- Accessorise with warm textiles to keep your home feeling cosy
- Combine wood + metal finishes
- Bring the outside in by decorating with plants and fresh flowers
- Focus on neutral colours
- Keep your interior clutter-free
- Choose light coloured flooring
- Limit window treatments
- Mix up old and new
- Add a bit of personality with simple, bold accents
- Remember it’s all about form and function
Get the Look;
Thank you for reading, let me know what you think by leaving a comment!